A few days ago I did a hair-related post on my Linkedln account and below that, I got a comment from Harish Mohammad and the comment he has made is this-
what is a hair follicle?
Hair follicle structure
The papilla is a large structure at the base of the hair follicle. The papilla is made up mainly of connective tissue and a capillary loop. Cell division in the papilla is either rare or non-existent.
Around the papilla is the hair matrix.
A root sheath composed of an external and internal root sheath. The external root sheath appears empty with cuboid cells when stained with H&E stain.
The bulge is located in the outer root sheath at the insertion point of the arrector pili muscle. It houses several types of stem cells, which supply the entire hair follicle with new cells and take part in healing the epidermis after a wound.
Hair Follicle Diagram
The Hair Shaft
Parts of Hair
What does a hair follicle look like?
Hair follicle structure histology
Hair follicles are tubular invaginations of the epidermis, that develop as down growth of the epidermis into the dermis. Hair is made up of columns of dead keratinised cells.
The hair has three layers:- These keratinised layers are made by proliferating cells in the hair matrix at the base of the hair follicle.
Hair follicle protein structure
Hair is formed of a tough protein called keratin. A follicle anchors each hair into the skin.
The hair bulb forms the bottom of the follicle. In the hair bulb, living cells divide and grow to create the hair shaft.
Hair follicle skin structure
A hair follicle is a stocking-like structure that contains cells and connective tissue and surrounds the root of a hair.
It exists within the dermis(4) and the epidermis(5), the two top layers of the skin.
The structure of hair follicles is simple and straightforward, but its functions and its growth cycle(6) are quite complex.
How to make hair stronger and thicker?
=>Today I will give you 7 tips to make your hair stronger and thicker naturally. If you really want to get stronger and thicker hair then please follow these simple steps:-
- Stop over-washing hair: Some people wash their hair every day with chemical shampoo.
The chemical shampoo you wash your hair with every day is very harmful to your hair. please stop over-washing your hair with these chemical shampoos.
Please wash your hair three times or two times in a weak with this chemical shampoo. Start using organic shampoos those are chemical-free and organic shampoos help you to make your hair strong and thicker.
- Stop using chemical conditioner: In the same way, chemical conditioners are very harmful to your hair. stop over-using chemical conditioners.
please start using organic chemical-free conditioners. Organic conditioners help you to make your hair stronger and thicker.
- Stop using hair straighteners its very harmful for your hair. when you use straighteners for straight your hair it is directly damaged yous hair structure and hair follicles and after some year maybe you faced hair fall problems and maybe you lost your hair. so please stop using a straightener.
- stop using hair colors its very bad for your hair health. If you using over and over hair colors on your hair it directly damages your hair follicles and health.
after some year maybe you faced hair fall problems for this. Because a lot of chemicals are used in hair color. So that after applying color to the hair, it stays for a long time. please stop using hair colors on your hair.
- stop using a hairdryer its very harmful for your hair. when you used a hairdryer on your hair at that time your hair going to hotter and hotter and it’s not good for your hair health.
- stop using chemical hair oils its very harmful for your hair. chemical hair oils direct effect on your hair roots and health. please stop using chemical hair oil.
- safe your hair from dust&soil, pollution, and sunlight. it’s very harmful to your hair. Because dust&soil, pollution, and sunlight directly damage your hair roots and follicles. please take care of your hair.
How to make hair strong from roots?
Start using organic hair shampoos, organic hair conditioner, organic hair oil, and organic hair mask. All Organic hair products are very good for your hair health.
Please stop using warm water:- When you take warm water from the shower or washing your hair through warm water than its very harmful for your hair health.
keep your diet healthy:- please keep maintain your healthy diet. If it possible add some healthy vegetables and fresh fruits on your diet. It very helps full for your hair health.
Take a vitamin A, B, C, or E supplement to nourish your hair roots. Take some multivitamins supplements it’s really helpful for your hair health. it makes your hair roots, follicles, and scalp healthy and it helps to make your hair strong and nourish.
Vitamins to thicken hair
vitamins are most important for your whole body because without vitamines you will go died.
Every part of your body is growing through vitamines. Vitamins are really important for your body and also for healthy hair.
Today I will give you some list of vitamines and best sources of those vitamins which are really important for your healthy hair follicles, roots, and scalp. please try to eat those vitamines.
Vitamin A: Your hair needs vitamin A to stay moisturized and grow.
5 Vegetables High in Provitamin A:
- Sweet Potato (cooked)
- Winter Squash (cooked)
- Kale (cooked)
- Collards (cooked)
- Turnip Greens (cooked)
5 Fruits High in Provitamin A:
- Pink or Red Grapefruit
B-Vitamins: B-vitamins help carry oxygen and nutrients to your scalp, which aids in hair growth.
7 Healthy Foods High in B Vitamins:-
- Leafy Greens
- Liver and Other Organ Meats
- Oysters, Clams, and Mussels
Vitamin C: Vitamin C is needed to make collagen and can help prevent hair from aging.
7 Foods That Are High in Vitamin C:-
- Kakadu Plums
- Acerola Cherries
- Rose Hips
- Chili Peppers
- Sweet Yellow Peppers
Vitamin D:Vitamin D’s actual role in hair growth is not understood, but one form of hair loss is linked to deficiencies.
7 Healthy Foods That Are High in Vitamin D:-
- Herring and sardines
- Cod liver oil
- Canned tuna
- Egg yolks
- Fortified foods
Vitamin E: Vitamin E helps prevent oxidative stress and boost hair growth.
5 Foods That Are High in Vitamin E
- Wheat Germ Oil
- Sunflower Seeds
- Hazelnut Oil
- Mamey Sapote
Iron: Iron deficiency is a major cause of hair loss, especially in women.
5 Healthy Foods That Are High In Iron
- Liver and other organ meats
- Red meat
- Chicken breast
- Cottage cheese
- Greek yogurt
How to get thicker hair naturally?
3 easy way to make your hair thicker:-
If possible then try to take Massage your hair every day. It makes your hair follicle and scalps healthy. In daily uses after some months, you see that changes on your hair.
Cut hair at your shoulders or above: If You have thin hair and you want to get thicker hair then Cut hair at your shoulders or above and after that please use some home remedies on your hair it makes your hair thicker.
Try to take vitamins like A, B, C, D, E and iron, zinc, and protine: If you have thinner hair then try to take vitamins like A, B, C, D, E, and iron, zinc, and protein.
3 Proven Home Remedies For thicker hair
- can the shampoo that you use affect the structure of your hair?
=>Shampooing has the effect of extracting surface lipid matter, and repeated shampooing could end in damaging structures at the hair surface. These changes might be reflected within the X-ray profiles, particularly the lipid signals.
- what is the structure and function of a root hair cell?
=>The function of the basic root hair cell is to get water from the bottom and transport this to the Xylem. Plants absorb water from the soil by osmosis. root hair cells are adapted for this by having a large surface area to speed up osmosis.
- what exactly is heat doing to the chemical structure of hair when straightening or curling?
=>When hair is passed through the iron quickly, while being held tight and straight, the extreme heat causes the disulphide bonds to break. This breakage allows the keratin chains to move around slightly and assume a position that results in straightened hair.
- What is the main function of the hair follicle?
=>Hair follicles produce hair fibers in a regular cycle. As part of their hair-producing role, hair follicles retain stem cells, promote cell growth and tissue invasion, and induce angiogenesis. However, the hair follicle function involves more than just hair fiber production.
- Alkhalifa A. (2009). Alopecia areata update. DOI:
- Androgenetic alopecia. (2015). Androgenetic alopecia.
- Bernard BA. (2016). Advances in understanding hair growth. DOI:
- Flores A, et al. (2017). Lactate dehydrogenase activity drives hair follicle stem cell activation. DOI:
- Geyfman M. (2014). Resting no more: Re-defining telogen, the maintenance stage of the hair growth cycle. DOI:.
- How hair grows. (n.d.).
- Is hair color determined by genetics? (2017).
- Mayo Clinic Staff. (2018). Folliculitis.
- Mayo Clinic Staff. (2018). Hair loss.
- Telogen effluvium hair loss. (n.d.).
- UCLA scientists identify a new way to activate stem cells to make hair grow. (2017).
- Why everyone’s hair is different. (n.d.).
Hi, I Am Ijaj Seikh & I Am Indian.
For the past 4+ years, I’ve been a Hair Loss Specialist & Hair Care Advisor & Owner of Mrijajguide.
Working on your behalf, I’ll Explore effective Hair Loss Treatments.
I'll discover new research on hair regrowth treatments to transform your thinning hair to fuller thicker hair.
Your feelings are important to me, and I look forward to developing a long-term relationship with you as your Hair Loss Specialist & Haircare Advisor.