- 7 Shocking Hair Extensions Before & After Transformations - June 25, 2021
- Best Proven Trichotillomania Treatments: The Transtheoretical Model (6 Stages of change) - May 25, 2021
- Are taking cold showers best for your hair? - September 2, 2020
List Of Contents
Hair Follicle Function: The Comprehensive Guide | What is a hair follicle?
Hair follicle structure
- The papilla is a large structure at the base of the hair follicle. The papilla is made up mainly of connective tissue and a capillary loop. Cell division in the papilla is either rare or non-existent.
- Around the papilla is the hair matrix.
- A root sheath is composed of an external and internal root sheath. The external root sheath appears empty with cuboid cells when stained with H&E stain. The internal root sheath is composed of three layers, Henle’s layer, Huxley’s layer, and an internal cuticle that is continuous with the outermost layer of the hair fiber.
- The bulge is located in the outer root sheath at the insertion point of the arrector pili muscle. It houses several types of stem cells, which supply the entire hair follicle with new cells and take part in healing the epidermis after a wound.
The Hair Shaft
Parts of Hair
What does a hair follicle look like?
Hair follicle structure histology
Hair follicles are tubular invaginations of the epidermis, that develop as down growth of the epidermis into the dermis. Hair is made up of columns of dead keratinized cells. The hair has three layers:- These keratinized layers are made by proliferating cells in the hair matrix at the base of the hair follicle.
Hair follicle protein structure
Hair is formed of a tough protein called keratin. A follicle anchors each hair into the skin. The hair bulb forms the bottom of the follicle. In the hair bulb, living cells divide and grow to create the hair shaft.
Hair follicle skin structure
A hair follicle is a stocking-like structure that contains cells and connective tissue and surrounds the root of a hair. It exists within the dermis(4) and the epidermis(5), the two top layers of the skin. The structure of hair follicles is simple and straightforward, but its functions and its growth cycle(6) are quite complex.
How to make hair stronger and thicker?
- Stop over-washing hair: Some people wash their hair every day with chemical shampoo. The chemical shampoo you wash your hair with every day is very harmful to your hair. please stop over-washing your hair with these chemical shampoos. Please wash your hair three times or two times a week with this chemical shampoo. Start using organic shampoos that are chemical-free and organic shampoos help you to make your hair strong and thicker.
- Stop using chemical conditioners: In the same way, chemical conditioners are very harmful to your hair. stop over-using chemical conditioners. “Ramdev said that who is always using conditioner on their hair after applying these on their hair. Hair starts blowing with air and after some years their hair is blowing from their forehead”. please start using organic chemical-free conditioners. Organic conditioners help you to make your hair stronger and thicker.
- Stop using hair straighteners it’s very harmful to your hair. when you use straighteners to straighten your hair it is directly damaged your hair structure and hair follicles and after some years maybe you faced hair fall problems and maybe you lost your hair. so please stop using a straightener.
- stop using hair colors it’s very bad for your hair health. If you use over and over hair colors on your hair it directly damages your hair follicles and health. After some years maybe you faced hair fall problems for this. Because a lot of chemicals are used in hair color. So that after applying color to the hair, it stays for a long time. please stop using hair colors on your hair.
- stop using a hairdryer it’s very harmful to your hair. when you used a hairdryer on your hair at that time your hair going to hotter and hotter and it’s not good for your hair’s health.
- stop using chemical hair oils its very harmful to your hair. chemical hair oils direct effect on your hair roots and health. please stop using chemical hair oil.
- safe your hair from dust&soil, pollution, and sunlight. it’s very harmful to your hair. Because dust&soil, pollution, and sunlight directly damage your hair roots and follicles. please take care of your hair.
How do make hair strong from roots?
- Start using organic hair shampoos, organic hair conditioners, organic hair oil, and organic hair mask. All Organic hair products are very good for your hair health. organic hair shampoos, organic hair conditioner, organic hair oil, and organic hair mask makes your hair healthy and shiny. In daily use, those organic products help you to make your hair follicles healthy and make your hair strong from the roots.
- Please stop using warm water:- When you take warm water from the shower or wash your hair with warm water than it’s very harmful to your hair health. When you wash your hair with warm water its direct effect your hair follicles and scalp. It makes your hair follicle and roots more than weaken. If possible then please maintain your water temperature and set the temperature to room temperature or as low as you can handle it, And wash your hair two or three times a week.
- keep your diet healthy:- please keep maintain your healthy diet. If possible add some healthy vegetables and fresh fruits to your diet. It very helps full for your hair health. it makes your hair roots and follicles healthy and makes your hair shiny, and one of the most common reasons for hair fall is iron deficiency. So please keep your diet healthy.
- Take a vitamin A, B, C, or E supplement to nourish your hair roots. Take some multivitamins supplements it’s really helpful for your hair health. it makes your hair roots, follicles, and scalp healthy and it helps to make your hair strong and nourished. Don’t take chemical supplements. If possible then take organic vitamin pills, as these will have the highest quality nutrients, and You can also try taking biotin, which can help strengthen your roots.
Vitamins to thicken hair
vitamins are most important for your whole body because without vitamins you will go died. Every part of your body is growing through vitamins. Vitamins are really important for your body and also for healthy hair. Today I will give you a list of vitamins and the best sources of those vitamins which are important for your healthy hair follicles, roots, and scalp. please try to eat those vitamins.
- Vitamin A: Your hair needs vitamin A to stay moisturized and grow.
5 Vegetables High in Provitamin A:
Sweet Potato (cooked)
Winter Squash (cooked)
Turnip Greens (cooked)
5 Fruits High in Provitamin A:
Pink or Red Grapefruit
- B-Vitamins: B-vitamins help carry oxygen and nutrients to your scalp, which aids in hair growth.
7 Healthy Foods High in B Vitamins:-
Liver and Other Organ Meats
Oysters, Clams, and Mussels
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is needed to make collagen and can help prevent hair from aging.
7 Foods That Are High in Vitamin C:-
Sweet Yellow Peppers
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D’s actual role in hair growth is not understood, but one form of hair loss is linked to deficiencies.
7 Healthy Foods That Are High in Vitamin D:-
Herring and sardines
Cod liver oil
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E helps prevent oxidative stress and boost hair growth.
5 Foods That Are High in Vitamin E
Wheat Germ Oil
- Iron: Iron deficiency is a major cause of hair loss, especially in women.
5 Healthy Foods That Are High In Iron
Liver and other organ meats
- Zinc: The mineral zinc can improve hair growth in people who are deficient in it.
6 Best Foods That Are High in Zinc
- Protein: Eating enough protein is important for hair growth, although a protein deficiency is rare in Western countries these days.
7 Delicious High Protein Foods
How do get thicker hair naturally?
3 easy ways to make your hair thicker:-
- If possible then try to take Massage your hair every day. It makes your hair follicles and scalps healthy. In daily use after some months, you see changes in your hair. It makes your hair thicker and shinier. But listen carefully please massage your hair every day with organic hair oil.
- Cut hair at your shoulders or above: If You have thin hair and you want to get thicker hair then Cut hair at your shoulders or above after that please use some home remedies on your hair it makes your hair thicker.
- Try to take vitamins like A, B, C, D, E and iron, zinc, and protine: If you have thinner hair then try to take vitamins like A, B, C, D, E, and iron, zinc, and protein. It makes your hair thicker. I mentioned earlier in this article some sources of vitamins like A, B, C, D, and E and iron, zinc, and protine. If possible please try to take those vitamins.
3 Proven Home Remedies For thicker hair
- Green tea:
- Aloe vera:
What is the main function of the hair follicle?
Hair follicles produce hair fibers in a regular cycle. As part of their hair-producing role, hair follicles retain stem cells, promote cell growth and tissue invasion, and induce angiogenesis. However, the hair follicle function involves more than just hair fiber production.
what exactly is heat doing to the chemical structure of hair when straightening or curling?
When hair is passed through the iron quickly while being held tight and straight, the extreme heat causes the disulfide bonds to break. This breakage allows the keratin chains to move around slightly and assume a position that results in straightened hair.
what is the structure and function of a root hair cell?
The function of the basic root hair cell is to get water from the bottom and transport this to the Xylem. Plants absorb water from the soil by osmosis. root hair cells are adapted for this by having a large surface area to speed up osmosis.
can the shampoo that you use affect the structure of your hair?
Shampooing has the effect of extracting surface lipid matter, and repeated shampooing could end in damaging structures at the hair surface. These changes might be reflected within the X-ray profiles, particularly the lipid signals.