This is the most comprehensive guide that helps you to know how much hair loss is normal in a day?
The best part?
I am going to show you in detail about How much hair loss is normal? and also How do you know if you are losing too much hair? and what are the best foods and shampoos and oils for hair growth and thickness? that really helpful for you.
In short: If you really want to maintain your healthy hair growth and thickness and also if you want to know how much hair loss is normal, you’ll love this guide.
Let’s get started.
How much hair loss is normal?
When one’s has hair with more density, looks shiny and strong, then it is called healthy hair.
But when those people wash their hair in the shower, then they see some fallen hair in the drain.
This is a simple thing because everyone’s hair falls a little while washing. Do not worry about this.
In a healthy person, 90% of the hair is in the anagen phase and the remaining 10% of the hair is in the telogen phase.
At the time of washing hair, the same hair falls which are in the telogen phase or have been cut from the hair follicle, which is normal.
So, relax do not worry about this, Some hair loss is normal for everyone and at every age.
If you see more hair loss than usual, then you need to see your doctor.
How much hair loss is normal in a day?
If you lose 50 to 100 hairs every day, then it is basically normal.
If your hair is very long, then your hair may shed a little more.
Every healthy person has 100,000 hair follicles on the scalp and 100 of them lose hair every day.
How much hair loss is normal in the shower?
As you know 10% of your hair is in the telogen phase and your telogen phase hair falls when you wash your hair.
Every day when you wash your hair in a shower then you lose 50 to 100 hairs. Hey, it’s very common or normal.
Is it normal to lose hair every day?
Yes, this is absolutely normal. As I said earlier, we lose 50 to 100 hair every day.
If you have very long hair, you may have a little too much hair loss, but still is it normal.
If your hair falls every day then it is a simple thing, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Is losing 150 hairs a day normal?
Yes, If you see you lose 100 to 150 hairs daily, then do not worry it’s quite normal.
If you lose more than 150 hairs every day then it is abnormal hair loss or androgenetic alopecia.
How much hair loss is normal in the shower female? | How much hair loss is normal when washing hair female?
By the way, in a healthy person, 50 to 100 hairs are lost every day.
Females have slightly long hair due to which they lose 50 to 130 hairs.
The female’s hair is usually very long when females wash her long hair with shampoo(rough it up with shampoo), then sometimes the amount of hair loss is slightly increased(100 to 150).
This is very common and also it is normal.
How do I know if I am losing too much hair? | 6 Ways to tell if you’re losing too much hair?
Here are 6 ways to tell if you’re losing too much hair:
- 1. You need to count your lose hair to determine how much hair you are losing. Try the 60-second hair count test.
If you find less than 100 loose hair then it’s normal and if you find more than 100 loose hair then it’s abnormal hair loss(androgenetic alopecia).
- 2. Does your hair doesn’t style the same way It used to? If yes then it could be a sign of hair thinning.
- 3. Are you see lots of hair on your pillow in the morning? If yes then also it could be a sign of too much hair loss.
- 4. There’s hair all over your shower: As you know it is normal to see some loose hairs in the shower.
But if you see lots of loose hair on your shower drain it could be a sign of too much hair loss or hair thinning.
- 5. Try pulling on it: You can also try this simple test if you think you lose too much hair.
6. Last but not least, Are you see tons of hair in your brush after brushing? If yes then it could be a sign of too much hair loss or hair thinning.
Is losing 200 hairs a day normal?
No, If you lose 200 hairs in a day then it is an abnormal hair loss or androgenetic alopecia.
Is losing 300 hairs a day normal?
No, 300 hair loss in a day is abnormal hair loss or androgenetic alopecia.
Is it okay to lose hair while oiling?
Yes, it is normal to see some lose hair while oiling.
How many hair falls are normal during the oiling?
Your telogen phase hair always falls during brushing or shampooing or oiling. A healthy person loses 50 to 100 hairs every day. If you see you lose hair while oiling then its normal.
Is it normal to lose hair every time you brush it? | How much hair loss is normal when brushing hair? | Is it normal for hair to fall out when combing?
Yes, it is normal. Because every 100 of our hair falls.
So that when you brush your hair you may see some lose hair on your brush at every time. It’s quite normal and doesn’t worry about this.
Does long hair fall out more than short hair?
No, it does not matter. If you have short hair then you lose 50 to 100 hairs every day, even if you have long hair, you lose 50 to 100 hairs every day. The amount of hair loss in a day is quite similar.
How much hair fall is normal in a day for man?
A healthy man loses 50 to 100 hairs every day.
How much hair loss is normal in the shower male?
It is normal to lose 50 to 100 hair while showering. Because every 100 of our hair falls.
So that when you wash your hair you may see some lose hair on your shower drain. It’s quite normal and doesn’t worry about this.
What causes hair to fall out(1)
- Male pattern hair loss
- Female pattern hair loss
- Thyroid conditions
- Alopecia areata
- Telogen effluvium
- Anagen effluvium
- Tinea capitis
- Traction alopecia
- Scalp ring warm
- Cicatricial alopecia
- Nutritional deficiencies
What should I eat for thick hair? | Food for hair growth and thickness(2)
your diet also plays a major role in hair health:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Fatty Fish
- Sweet Peppers
Vitamins for hair growth and thickness (3)
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D.
Which oil is best for hair growth? (4)
- Rosemary Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Lavender Oil
- Lemongrass Oil
- Argan Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Almond Oil
- Olive Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Tea Tree Oil
- Castor Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
Shampoo for hair growth and thickness | 9 Shampoos For Hair Growth That Actually Work
- Ultrax Labs Hair Surge Caffeine Hair Loss Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo
- Pure Biology Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo
- Strong HairPro Hair Care Products (SHP Conditioner)
- Laritelle Organic Shampoo
- Shea Moisture Sheamoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Strengthen & Restore Shampoo, 16.3 Oz
- Art Naturals Organic Argan Oil Hair Loss Shampoo
- Nioxin System 1 Cleanser Shampoo
- Pura d’Or Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo
- Keranique Scalp Stimulating Shampoo
In this article, I was discussed in detail about “How much hair loss is normal?” and also discussed what are the best foods and shampoo and oils for hair growth and thickness.
I hope it’s helpful for you.
If you like this article please share it on social media and comment below if you have any queries related to this article.
- Burg D, et al. (2017). Promotion of anagen, increased hair density, and reduction of hair fall in a clinical setting following the identification of FGF5-inhibiting compounds via a novel 2-stage process. DOI:
- Dealing with hair loss. (2017).
- Do you have hair loss or hair shedding? (n.d.).
- Martínez-Velasco MA, et al. (2017). The hair shedding visual scale: A quick tool to assess hair loss in women. DOI:
- Mayo Clinic Staff. (2018). Hair loss.
- McCoy J, et al. (2017). Styling without shedding: Novel topical formula reduces hair shedding by contracting the arrector pili muscle. DOI:
- Sinclair RD. (2007). Healthy hair: What is it? DOI:
Hi, I Am Ijaj Seikh & I Am Indian.
For the past 4+ years, I’ve been a Hair Loss Specialist & Hair Care Advisor & Owner of Mrijajguide.
Working on your behalf, I’ll Explore effective Hair Loss Treatments.
I'll discover new research on hair regrowth treatments to transform your thinning hair to fuller thicker hair.
Your feelings are important to me, and I look forward to developing a long-term relationship with you as your Hair Loss Specialist & Haircare Advisor.