This is the most comprehensive guide to get rid of frizzy hair.
The best part?
I am going to show you What Causes Frizzy Hair? & How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair? & Home Remedies for Frizzy Hair & 31 Simple Ways to tame frizzy hair, that really helpful for you.
In short: If you really want to get frizz-free hair, you’ll love this guide.
Let’s get started.
What Actually Causes Frizzy Hair?
- YOUR HAIR ENDS ARE DAMAGED
- Brushing it when it doesn’t need to be brushed
- YOU DRY YOUR HAIR WITH A ROUGH HAIR TOWEL
- Over styling with hot tools
- YOU’RE WASHING HAIR EVERYDAY
- Touching your hair too much
- YOUR STYLE YOUR HAIR WITH HOT HAIR STYLING TOOLS DAILY
- Using products with sulfates
- Using products with alcohol
- Towel-drying your hair
- Washing your hair in super hot water
How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair? | 15 Simple Ways to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair
1. Wash wisely
Try to wash your hair using a shampoo that contains glycerin(hydrating ingredients) that can help you to get frizz-free hair. Also, it can help you to absorb extra moisture from the air.
It can create a protective coating over the strands.
2. Mask the frizz
Try to use hair masks to reduce hair frizz.
Try to make a hair mask using argan oil and coconut oil both very good for reducing hair frizz.
Don’t use any other mechanical oil.
3. Start with a good haircut
Try to cut your hair because it can help you to get rid of dead ends, split ends, frizz, damage, dry hair.
Try to take a good hair cut designed to your hair.
4. Condition, condition, condition
Try to use conditioner on your hair after shampooing because it can help you to look your hair natural moisture and also it can help you to reduce hair frizz.
5. Turn down the temp
Avoid washing your hair in a hot shower because it can damage your hair and also it can strip off your hair natural oil.
It can make your hair dry.
In the long term, it can cause scalp folliculitis and lead to temporary hair loss.
6. Shield strands from heat
Before using any heat styling tools on your hair try to use heat protectant sprays that can help you to reduce your hair damage, prevent hair frizz, and also anti-humectants.
7. Apply stylers strategically
Try to use a leave-in conditioner or Organic Coconut Oil Leave-In Treatment which can help you to get rid of frizzy hair and also it can help you to protect your hair from damaged.
Always try to keep your hair moisture. The best way to get frizz-free hair.
8. Reduce friction
Avoid aggressively rubbing your hair with a towel to dry your wet hair. It can damage your hair cuticle.
Try to use a cotton t-shirt to dry your wet hair that can help you to prevent friction frizz.
Always try to brush your hair using a wide-toothed comb.
9. Invest in a silk pillowcase.
Try to use Silk pillowcases that can help you to maintain your hair moisture.
Do not try to use cotton pillowcases.
10. Brush down frizz
Try to brush your hair when your wet hair becomes dry.
Try to set them into place and try to use a toothbrush with alcohol-free hairspray or spray a clean mascara wand before combing them through your hair.
10. Diffuse your curls
If you use blow dryers on your wavy or curly hair then it can damage your hair and lead to frizz and friction.
Try to use blow dryers with a simple modification.
Try to attach a diffuser to the front. Also, try to scrunch your hair from tip to root to dry.
Which is the best way to go with it. It can help you to prevent hair frizz.
11. Hydration, hydration, hydration.
Try to use coconut oil on your hair after using shampoo and conditioner or also use coconut oil for 15 minutes before going into the shower.
Because it can help you to make your hair and scalp hydrated and smooth, moisture, manageable, and less frizzy.
This is the best way to tame frizz naturally.
If you have prone to grease hair, then try to skip the scalp area.
12. Always use heat protectant products.
Try to use heat protectant products before using hair iron, curling wand, blow dryer.
If you don’t use heat protectant products then it can cause serious frizz and it can damage your hair strands.
13. Dry shampoo is a LIFESAVER.
Try to use dry shampoo that can help you to get rid of brittle, super dry hair, and also it can give you greasy-looking hair.
14. Give an overnight hair mask a try.
Try to use an overnight mask on your hair to get intense hydration to the hair and scalp.
Try to sleep with a pillowcase or shower cape while using an overnight mask.
15. Minimize the number of times you wash your hair.
Avoid washing your hair every day because it can make your hair frizz and dehydrate and also it can strip off natural oils, proteins, minerals.
Try to wash your hair twice in a week if you have dry hair and wash your hair three times in weeks if you have oily hair.
5 Home Remedies for Frizzy Hair
1. Argan oil
A. Try to take argan oil and apply it on your hair
B. Try to use it on your wet hair after washing and before styling
C. Try to distribute the oil to your every hair strands with using brush or comb and make sure you do this.
D. Try to take a small amount of oil to apply your hair.
A. Try to take two eggs.
B. Try to whip up two eggs until they’re frothy.
C. Try to apply it on your hair
D. Leave it for 15 minutes
E. Wash it with shampoo
3. Apple cider vinegar
A. Try to take 1/3 cup of organic apple cider vinegar and try to take 1 quart of warm water.
B. Mix it and apply it to your hair.
C. Leave it for 2 to 4 minutes and wash it with cold water and repeat this process one or two times in weeks.
A. Try to take medium-sized avocado(Mash a ripe).
B. Try to take 2 to 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
C. Mix it and make sure you get a smooth, mask-like consistency.
D. Try to apply it on your hair and try to cover your hair with a towel
E. Leave it on your hair for 30 minutes
D. Try to use a shampoo to wash your hair to remove it.
E. Try to repeat it twice in weeks.
5. Coconut oil
A. Try this remedy before going into a shower.
B. Try t0 take organic coconut oil
C. Try to take a small amount of coconut oil
D. Apply it on your hair and try to massage your hair for 15 minutes
E. Wash your hair with shampoo
Products that may help
Try to avoid hair care products that contain harsh cleansers or alcohol, such as sodium lauryl sulfate.
Here are some hair care products that can help to reduce hair frizz.
Try to use a leave-in conditioner on your that can help you to get frizz-free hair, softness, moisture on your hair, control oil.
Try to use homemade hair masks on your hair that can provide megadoses of beneficial ingredients to hair.
Which can help you to get moist, frizz-free hair nourished hair.
Try to use hair masks that’s sulfate-free.
Try to use a serum on your hair that can help you to protect your hair from humidity and give you shiny hair.
Also, it can help you to retain moisture. Always try to use a moisturizing serum.
Tips to prevent frizzy hair
Here are some tips for reducing frizz:
- This goes for styling, too. Avoid using your hair styling tools. Try to protect your hair with using an anti-frizz cream before styling.
- Avoid using a towel to dry your hair
- Cotton pillowcases are a big no-no.
- De-frizz without eliminating exercise.
Try to cover your hair with a cap during participating in sports and while swimming use a swimming cap.
- Make hair care a priority. Try using weekly masks to reduce frizz.
- Avoid using shampoo for more than twice a week
- Protect hair from humidity: Try to protect your hair from the elements.
Try to wear a hat or scarf or Leave-in serums can help too.
- Don’t over shampoo: Avoid over-shampooing or washing your hair because it can make it dry, frizzy, unmanageable.
- Reduce heat: Try to avoid heat styling because it can make your hair frizz. Try to wash your hair with cold water.
31 Frizzy Hair Solutions | How to tame frizzy hair naturally | 31 Simple Ways to tame frizzy hair
- Ditch your hair towel if you’ve got frizz
- Smooth frizzy hair with a layer of dry oil
- CHOOSE A SULFATE-FREE, GLYCERIN-PACKED SHAMPOO + CONDITIONER.
- USE A DEEP CONDITIONING MASK AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK.
- Get frizz-free waves with buns
- Load your frizzy hair up with glycerin
- Smooth frizz with a rich conditioner
- LET YOUR HAIR AIR-DRY 75% OF THE WAY BEFORE BLOW-DRYING.
- Define frizz with a good curl cream (or gel)
- Ditch harsh shampoos that cause frizz
- AVOID TOUCHING YOUR HAIR.
- EMBRACE YOUR NATURAL TEXTURE.
- Use frizz-smoothing hair sheets
- Use a heat protectant to prevent frizzy hair
- CONDITION YOUR HAIR ALL DAY LONG.
- SKIP THE HAIRSPRAY.
- TOUCH UP WITH A MASCARA WAND.
- PAY FREQUENT VISITS TO YOUR HAIRSTYLIST.
- Shampoo less curb the frizz
- Mask weekly to heal frizzy hair
- DITCH YOUR REGULAR HAIR TOWEL.
- USE A DIFFUSER WHEN DRYING YOUR HAIR.
- Avoid alcohol-containing hairsprays
- Concentrate on the ends of your hair
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo
- Treat frizzy hair with an in-salon smoother
- Try a beachy wave hairstyle
- Clampdown your frizz with accessories
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase for smoother hair
- Touch up frizz with a toothbrush
- Use nice heat tools to prevent frizz-causing damage
- Apply leave-in to your hair before working out
4 Simple Hairstyles for Curly, Frizzy Hair
- Perfectly “Plopped” Ringlets
- Side Ponytail.
- Messy High Ponytail.
- Long, Loose Curls
- Messy Side Fishtail Braid.
- Dutch Braided Bun.
- Voluminous Pony
- Side Ponytail.
- Messy Ponytail.
- Curly Chignon
- Ombre Side Ponytail.
- Pouf Ponytail.
In this article, I was discussed in detail about What Causes Frizzy Hair? & How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair? & Home Remedies for Frizzy Hair & 31 Simple Ways to tame frizzy hair.
I hope it’s helpful for you.
If you like this article please share it on social media and comment below if you have any queries related to this article.
- https://www.johnfrieda.com/en-us/blog/frizzy-hair/hairstyles-frizzy-curly-hair/ – 4 HAIRSTYLES FOR CURLY FRIZZY HAIR & EXPERT STYLING TIPS
- 5 Home Remedies for Frizzy Hair, Plus Tips for Prevention – https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/frizzy-hair-home-remedies
- 10 Ways to Tame and Get Rid of Frizzy Hair for Good – https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/hair/a28186415/frizzy-hair-tips/
- What Actually Causes Frizzy Hair? – https://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/7-things-make-hair-frizzier_n_5b2d66c3e4b0321a01d11cc4
- 7 Things That Are Making Your Hair Frizzy – https://stylecaster.com/beauty/7-things-that-are-making-your-hair-frizzy/