- 7 Shocking Hair Extensions Before & After Transformations - June 25, 2021
- Best Proven Trichotillomania Treatments: The Transtheoretical Model (6 Stages of change) - May 25, 2021
- Are taking cold showers best for your hair? - September 2, 2020
The best part?
I am going to show you in detail How to Do Scalp Massage for Hair Growth? & Scalp massage techniques, benefits, & tools for scalp massage, that are helpful for you.
In short: If you want to regrow strong hair, you’ll love this guide.
Let’s get started.
List Of Contents
What is a scalp massage?
In scalp massage, your head is gently massaged using your hands. Scalp massage can also be done without oil. We would have done it without oil but if you want, you can do it with oil also.
The massaging device is also available in the market for scalp massage. If you want to use it, then you can also use a massaging device for scalp massage.
Scalp massage has many benefits, the important advantage of which is that it helps you to reduce your stress and anxiety.
Scalp Massage Techniques | Common Massage Techniques
- Effleurage Massage
Effleurage massage is the first and most common technique of scalp massage. In this technique, fingers are used to massage your scalp, or the scalp is massaged using hands only.
When you massage your scalp using your fingers or hands to apply pressure to the scalp, it increases the blood circulation on your scalp and it is very useful and effective.
- Petrissage Massage
Petrissage massage is a very easy and effective technique that helps you to increase blood circulation in your scalp and also helps you increase tissue elasticity and remove waste products.
In the Petrissage Massage technique, more and more areas can be covered in minimum time. This Petrissage Massage technique is similar to the Effleurage Massage technique but it is a little bit more vigorous.
This technique involves kneading, pinching, and rolling motions.
- Vibration Massage
In the vibration massage technique, Your scalp is also massaged using hands or specialized tools that are also used to create a vibration on your scalp.
I want to tell you one thing that tries to do it only once or twice per week, please don’t do more than that.
Vibration massage can helps you to increase blood circulation on your scalp and stimulate your hair growth and also help you to relieve stress and headaches.
- Tapotement Massage
Tapotement Massage is also known as percussion massage or Swedish massage. It involves some motions like pounding, rhythmic tapping, and patting.
The stroking motions in this massage are done behind your forehead. It helps you to increase blood circulation in your scalp.
How to Do Scalp Massage For Hair Growth?
Here are several ways to massage your scalp to stimulate hair growth:
- 1. Brushes and massage tools
You can also use specialized tools to massage your scalp properly. When you massage your scalp with tools, then massage your scalp gently with the fingers of your hands.
Try to use light handheld rubber massagers or some tools that come in the form of brushes.
- 2. Traditional scalp massage
In this Traditional scalp massage, You can massage your scalp with the help of the fingers of your hands. With the help of the fingers of your two hands, try to apply medium pressure to your scalp, and try to move your fingers in small circles.
Try to massage your whole scalp that covers all areas of your scalp. Use your fingers to massage your scalp several times a day for just 5 minutes.
- 3. Scalp massage with essential oils
You can massage your scalp with the help of essential oils. You can use peppermint oils or lavender oils both help you to promote your hair growth.
I important thing I want to tell you is that don’t use essential oils directly on your hair. Try to mix the essential oil with carrier oil.
Take 1 to 2 drops of essential oil(lavender or peppermint oil) and mix with 1 tablespoon carrier oil(jojoba or melted coconut oil).
Try to apply it directly on your scalp and then try to massage your scalp with your fingertips or massager.
One important thing I want to tell you is that before using it on your hair first of all you need to test it on a small area of your skin to make sure that you’re not allergic.
- 4. Massage while washing hair
This is the best way to massage your scalp. When you wash your hair with shampoo or conditioner and apply it to your hair, then you can use this technique to massage your scalp.
It’s so simple to do. Try to use the fingertips of both hands to massage your scalp when you apply shampoo or conditioner to your hair.
You can massage just for 5 minutes. After that, you can rinse your hair as usual.
4 Tips to Improve Your Massage Techniques
- 1. vary your routine
- 2. Don’t Be Afraid to Apply Pressure
- 3. Perform Massage for At Least 10 Minutes Per Day
- 4. Use Your Fingertips, Not Your Nails
Tips For Hair Growth
Here are some proven ways that help you to regrow your hair:
- Try to avoid excessive shampooing or conditioning and also avoid excessive brushing.
- Try to avoid heated hair styling tools, dyes, and chemical treatments.
- Always try to maintain a healthy diet that helps you to maintain your body’s nutrition level. Try to test your body’s nutritional deficiencies.
- If you want to regrow your healthy hair then try to use minoxidil (Rogaine) on your hair every day at bedtime.
- Try to take prescribed medication like finasteride (Propecia) (for men) and spironolactone (for women). Before taking it please consult with your doctor about this medication.
- You can also try corticosteroid injections, hair transplants, and laser therapy. Ask your dermatologist about this.
Benefits Of Scalp Massage | 15 Remarkable Benefits of Scalp Massage
- Scalp Massage Helps Soften And Condition The Hair
- Scalp Massage Spreads The Natural Oils Of The Hair
- Scalp Massage Helps Improve Hair’s Resilience
- Scalp Massage Helps Enhance Blood Circulation
- Scalp Massage Helps Strengthen The Roots Of The Hair
- Scalp Massage is a Natural Remedy for Migraines and Headaches
- Scalp Massage Helps Balance the Nervous System
- Scalp Massage Lubricates And Conditions The Scalp
- Scalp massage can helps you to control oily scalp
- Scalp Massage Reduces Muscle Tension
- Scalp Massage Is Replenishing And Rejuvenating
- Scalp massage can helps you to Promote Sound Sleep
- Scalp Massage Promotes Hair Growth
- Scalp Massage is Convenient
Scalp Massage Hair Loss Study | Can it help with hair growth?
A small study was done by the researcher in 2016, after the study, it found that every day massaging the scalp makes hair thicker. In this study, 9 people were taken who were told that they would massage their hair every day for 4 minutes for 24 weeks.
After 24 weeks, the researcher showed that the men had thicker hair than at the start. In 2019, research was done to prove that scalp massage makes hair thicker.
340 people were taken in this study and they were told to massage their scalp twice a day for 24 weeks. After 24 weeks, the researcher showed that the men had thicker hair than at the start.
Does scalp massage cause hair loss?
No, scalp massage cannot be the cause of hair loss. If you massage your scalp 2-3 times every day it helps you to increase your blood circulation on your scalp and stimulate your hair growth.
How often should I massage my scalp for hair growth?
If you want to get better results you need to massage your scalp 1-3 times every day. If you want to get hair growth or thickness, maintain this routine. It also helps you to relieve stress.
How long does it take for scalp massage to regrow hair?
It takes a minimum of 24 weeks to regrow hair but you need to massage your scalp 2 to 3 times for 24 weeks.
Can I massage my scalp without using any oil and get good results?
Yes, If you massage your scalp every day for 5 minutes without using any oil it also can help you to stimulate your hair growth (I mean you can get a good result).
But one important thing I want to tell you is that when you massage your scalp make sure that you cover your entire scalp.
How long should you massage your scalp for hair growth?
Only for 5 minutes.
Best oil for hair growth and thickness
- Avocado Oil.
- Marula Oil.
- Castor Oil.
- Coconut Oil.
- Brahmi and Neem Oil.
- Argan Oil.
- Jojoba Oil.
- Black Seed Oil.
Essential oils for hair growth and thickness
- Tea Tree
- Clary Sage
In this article, I discussed How to Do Scalp Massage for Hair Growth? & Scalp massage techniques, benefits, & tools for scalp massage,
I hope it’s helpful for you.
If you like this article please share it on social media and comment below if have any queries related to this article.