- 7 Shocking Hair Extensions Before & After Transformations - June 25, 2021
- Best Proven Trichotillomania Treatments: The Transtheoretical Model (6 Stages of change) - May 25, 2021
- Are taking cold showers best for your hair? - September 2, 2020
This is the most comprehensive guide to preventing split ends.
The best part?
I am going to show you everything in detail about split ends, that helpful for you.
In short: If you want to get rid of split ends, you’ll love this guide.
Let’s get started.
List Of Contents
What Causes Split Ends?
Here are 7 causes of split ends:
- 1. Harmful treatments(Chemical and color treatments)
Are you know? Using chemical and color treatments on your hair can make your hair cuticles weakened and also it can cause hairs to split ends. So, try to avoid chemical and color treatments on your hair and try to use it on any special occasion.
- 2. Hair Styling Tools(Heat-styling)
Are you know? Using heat styling tools can cause hair to split ends.
If you love to use heat styling tools and after using them you got beautiful looking hair then the questions are how to prevent your hair from being damaged due to the uses of heat styling tools.
The answer is that try to use a heat protectant before using any kind of heat styling tool that can help you to prevent heat damage and also it can help you to get frizz-free and less dry hair.
If you don’t use a heat protectant before using flat irons, and blow-dryers then it can lead to hair breakage and hair damage.
- 3. Hair Accessories(Using rubber bands for your ponytails)
Are you know? Using wrong hair accessories like headbands, and hair ties can cause hair to split ends.
When you use rubber bands on your hair that can cause damage to your hair, due to the friction of the material that places onto your hair strand. Try to use spiral telephone cord ties, fabric-covered hair ties, scrunchie, and pads that can help you to prevent damage.
- 4. Regular Shampooing(Overwashing)
Are you love to wash your hair every day? If yes then you may don’t know that over-washing your hair can make your hair dry, because excessive hair washing can strip off the natural oils from your hair and scalp. Also, it can cause hair to split ends.
Avoid using chemical-based shampoos. Try to use sulfate-free shampoos on your hair. For dry hair wash your hair two times in weeks, for oily hair wash your hair three times in weeks.
Try to follow this role. It can make your hair and scalp healthy.
- 5. Anything Doing in Excess(Over manipulation)
Are you know? If you doing anything in excess that can be bad for you. As you know shampooing and brushing in excess can cause hair breakage. So, maintain the limitation, and don’t try to do anything in excess. You can also use a leave-in conditioner on your hair that is very good for your hair.
- 6. Wrong Way to Dry Wet Hair (Towel-drying)
Are you always use a towel to dry your wet hair? If yes then stop it from today. If you use a towel to dry your hair or if you rub your wet hair vigorously with a towel to dry your wet hair then it can lead to hair damage.
Try to use a cotton t-shirt to dry your wet hair. This is the best way to go.
Other Important Factors that can Causes of Split ends
- Haircare products containing alcohol
- Sun exposure
- Lack of humidity
- Poor diet
- Sleeping in tight hairstyles
- Hot water showers
- Harsh brushing of hair
Split Ends Treatment | How to Get Rid of Split Ends | 5 Amazing Beauty Remedies For Split Ends
1. Powerful Treatments To Repair Split Ends
- A. Are you know? Candle burning is one of the best ways to get rid of split ends. This is the best method(candle cutting or velaterapia) that was done by a hairstylist at a professional salon.
- B. If you want to get rid of split ends then try to hair dusting method. It is a popular method. It is done by a hairstylist at a professional salon.
- C. Are you know? You can hide your split ends with a serum. Try to use a shine serum on your hair to cover your split ends. One thing you need to know is that it doesn’t repair your split ends.
- D. Are you know? Dry hair can lead hair to split ends. Always try to hydrate your hair. Try to use which shampoo and conditioner contain hydrating ingredients like peptides, proteins, and amino acids. Try to choose which hair care products that are suitable for your hair. It can help you to get rid of split ends.
- E. Are you love to use deep conditioner treatment on your hair? If yes then congratulation. Always try to use deep conditioning treatments on your hair once a week that can help you to get rid of split ends.
Try to use deep conditioning treatments that contain moisturizing ingredients like sweet almond oil, coconut oil, and argan oil, and also which is longer leave-on time.
2. Natural And Homemade Remedies For Split Ends
- A. Egg Yolk: It can help you to get healthy hair.
How to use:
- Try to take 2 egg yolks and try to take 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Try to mix it and apply it to your hair.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it with cool water using your regular shampoo.
- B. Honey: It can help you to get moisture on your hair.
How to use:
- Try to take 1/2 cup of honey and try to take 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Try to mix it and try to warm the mixture.
- Try to apply it to your hair and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Try to cover your hair with a towel.
- Wash it with shampoo using cool water.
- C. Beer: It can help you to get proteins to your hair.
How to use:
- Try to wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
- Try to apply conditioner to your hair.
- After that pour the beer into your hair.
- Wait for 2 minutes and wash it with cool water.
- D. Papaya: It can help you to stimulate blood flow into your scalp and stimulate hair growth.
How to use:
- Try to take 2 tbsp papaya pulp and try to take 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix it and apply it to your hair.
- Try to massage your hair with it and leave it for 1 hour.
- Wash it with shampoo and conditioner.
- E. Aloe Vera:
How to use:
- Try to take 2 tbsp. of fresh aloe vera gel and try to take 1 tbsp. of coconut oil.
- Mix it and apply it to your hair.
- Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash it with shampoo.
How To Prevent Split Ends? | 35 Ways to Prevent Split Ends
- 1. Try to brush your hair gently. Also, try to brush your hair regularly. Avoid brushing your hair harshly, which can lead to hair split ends.
- 2. Avoid using heat styling tools in excess. Use it only on any special occasion.
- 3. Always try to keep your hair clean.
- 4. Avoid picking at your split ends.
- 5. Try to use silk pillowcases and avoid using cotton pillowcases.
- 6. Try to get regular trims, and haircuts every six weeks.
- 7. Avoid washing your hair daily.
- 8. Try to use shampoos that contain natural ingredients.
- 9. Always try to use a leave-in conditioner.
- 10. Always try to use a wide-tooth comb to brush your hair.
- 11. Avoid using coloring and chemical straightening.
- 12. Always try to use a heat-protective spray before using heat styling tools.
- 13. Try to take supplements like biotin and folic acid that can help you to strengthen your hair. Before going to take any supplements consult with your health care provider.
- 14. Always try to avoid overbrushing.
- 15. Always try to detangle your hair.
- 16. Keep your heat tools on low for less damage.
- 17. Only work with clean hair to prevent split ends.
- 18. Try to get a hair dusting to fix split ends.
- 19. Try to get a Haircut with Hot Scissors.
- 20. Try to avoid Over-Shampooing.
- 21. Try to use Argan Oil Products on your hair.
- 22. Try to avoid Super-Hot Showers.
- 23. Try to avoid Blow-Drying Your Ends.
- 24. Try to use a Microfiber Towel.
- 25. Try to use Metal-Free Hair Accessories.
- 26. Don’t Overheat Your Hot Tools.
- 27. Resist the Urge to Pick.
- 28. Disguise With a Shine Spray.
- 29. Oil Your Hair Before You Wash Them.
- 30. Apply A Leave-in Conditioner.
- 31. Dry Hair Gently.
- 32. Try to Protect Your Hair From The Elements.
- 33. Don’t swim unprotected.
- 34. Stop backcombing your hair.
- 35. Eat a balanced diet.
11 Natural Ingredients to Prevent Split Ends
Here are some natural products that can help you to keep your hair healthy and strong:
- 1. Banana
- 2. Lentil or Dal Pack
- 3. Chamomile tea
- 4. Honey
- 5. Papaya
- 6. Oil
- 7. Cream
- 8. Shea Butter
- 9. Egg
- 10. Mayonnaise
- 11. Avocado
- 12. Vitamin E capsules
HAIRSTYLES THAT CAN KEEP HAIR DAMAGE AWAY
In this article, I have discussed in detail how to get rid of split ends.
I hope it’s helpful for you.
If you like this article please share it on social media and comment below if you have any queries related to this article.
Do split ends stop hair growth?
No, it does not stop your hair growth.
Does coconut oil prevent split ends?
Yes, it can help you to prevent split ends.
Can You Repair Split Ends?
If you want to repair your hair split ends then you can easily repair it. Because there are many ways available to repair split ends. I am going to discuss how to get rid of it.