This is the most comprehensive guide to strengthen weak hair.
The best part?
I am going to show you What Causes Weak Hair? & How to strengthen weak hair roots? that really helpful for you.
In short: If you really want to get rid of weak hair and if you want to get strong hair roots, you’ll love this guide.
Let’s get started.
How Do I Know If My Hair Is Weak?
If you want to check your hair is weak or not then you need to do these two simple test to know:
1. First of all, you need to warp some hair strands around your finger.
After that, you need to examine your hairs to see lifted ends.
If your hair has many lifted ends then it means your hair is damaged and weakened.
2. First of all, simply you need to do is try to gently pull out your hair strands.
Also, try to pull out your hair strands at both ends.
If your hair breaks easily then your hair is weakened.
What does weak hair look like?
Signs Of Weak Hair
- Rough and frizzy texture
- Hair roughness
- Frizzy hair
- Tangled hair
- Hair that is limp and cannot hold a style
- limp and dull texture
- Hair that appears to be dull and lifeless
- Thin hair
- Shedding occurs from the root
- Increased hair breakage
- Split ends
- Lackluster hair
What Causes Weak Hair?
1. Stress –
Because stress and anxiety can interrupt your hair growth cycle this you may experience excessive shedding.
2. Dandruff –
Dandruff can make your scalp itchy and also can make flaky skin on your scalp.
Due to an itchy scalp(Vigorous scratching), you may experience weakened hair because it can damage your hair follicles.
3. Environmental Factors –
Soot, pollution, exposure to dirt also can cause weakened hair, because it can damage your hair follicles, and also it can damage your hair strands that can make your hair roots weakened.
Due to this, you may experience scalp irritation, dandruff to dry, frizzy and brittle hair, hair fall, burning sensation.
4. Scalp Infection –
Some scalp infections like eczema, psoriasis, impetigo, ringworm, folliculitis can affect your hair roots and follicles, and also it can make your hair weakened.
Sometimes it can cause permanent hair loss.
Your genes play a major role in your hair.
Whether you get coarse hair or silky hair or thick hair or fine hair, it mostly depends on your family history or genes.
If you have a hair disorder that also depends on your genes(genetic predisposition) that can influence your hair health.
6. Excessive Styling
If you use hair care products and tools in excess then you may experience weakened hair.
Excessive use of curling, perming, straightening, dyeing, blow-drying on hair can damage your hair follicles and cause weakened hair.
Also using frequent braids, hair extensions, tight hairstyles can cause weakened hair.
Stop using those hair care products and tools in excess. Using it only on special occasions.
7. Underlying Disease
Some underlying disease like pneumonia can cause weakened hair and also cause hair loss.
It can interrupt your hair growth cycle.
Normally, your hair growth cycle goes through the three layers like anagen phase or growth phase(2-7 years), the catagen phase(2-3 weeks), last but not least telogen phase(3 months).
Some diseases like pneumonia can disturb your hair growth cycle due to this your hair goes from the anagen phase to the telogen phase or shedding phase.
Due to this, you may experience weakened hair or hair loss problem.
Other conditions like hair miniaturization can make your hair follicles shrink and also it can cause shorter, duller, weaker, brittle hair.
8. Hormonal Imbalance
If you have hormonal imbalance disease like hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid), PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) then you may experience weakened hair.
Because all of these hormonal diseases can cause significant weak hair.
Most commonly women may face PCOS. In PCOS women can face male pattern baldness on the scalp.
9. Medication –
Some medications like anti-depressants, thyroid medications(3), anti-hypertensives, gout medicines(2), anticancer drugs(1), blood thinners (anticoagulants) can make your hair follicles and roots weakened and also can cause premature hair loss.
10. Improper Diet
If you don’t maintain your healthy diet then you may face an iron deficiency hair loss problem that can cause weakened hair and also it can make your hair-thin.
Try to maintain your healthy diet which includes foods(eat foods) that contain protein, folic acid, vitamin A, D, E, biotin, selenium, niacin, iron, zinc.
Try to eat a healthy diet that is very important for your hair that can make your hair healthy and strong.
How To Strengthen Weak Hair? | How to strengthen weak hair roots?
1. Hair Mask
Try to use an egg mask on your hair or scalp that can help you to get healthy hair growth.
How to use:
A. Try to take 3 tablespoons of warm coconut oil and try to take 3 egg yolks and mix it.
B. Try to apply it on your hair and scalp and leave it for 30 minutes and wash it with a gentle shampoo.
Try to massage your scalp with warm coconut oil that can help you to repair your damaged hair and also it can help you to get strong hair and also it can help you to increase blood circulation on your scalp.
How to use:
- Try to take warm coconut oil.
- Try to massage your hair with it using your fingertips for 5-10 minutes.
- After 1 hour wash it with regular shampoo
3. Keratin Treatment
Try to take keratin treatment on your hair or scalp that can help you to get strong and smoothen hair, shiny finish, and also helps you to remove frizz.
4. Increase Vitamin, Iron, And Zinc Intake
- Vitamin C
Citrus foods, strawberries, bell peppers,
Salmon, liver, egg yolk, avocados, nuts and seeds, dairy,
Red meat, lentils, eggs, spinach,
- Vitamin A
Eggs, milk, yogurt, pumpkin, Carrots, spinach, sweet potatoes
- Vitamin E
Almonds, spinach, sunflower seeds, avocados,
Oyster, pumpkin seeds, Lentils,
- Vitamin D
Fish, milk, egg yolk,
5. High Protein Foods
Try to eat foods that contain high protein that can help you to get strong and healthy hair.
6. Deep Conditioning Treatments
Try to take deep conditioning treatment on your hair or scalp that can help you to get strong hair. Try to take deep conditioning that contains good and powerful ingredients and also longer leave-in time, that can help you to make your scalp healthy, and also it can help you to strengthen weak hair.
15 TIPS ON HOW TO STRENGTHEN WEAK HAIR
- Try to trim your hair every 6-8 weeks to get rid of split ends.
- Consume Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Consume Fresh Fruits And Vegetables
- Try to avoid using hot water while washing your hair.
- Avoid Chemical Treatments
- Avoid Daily Shampooing
- Try to use blow-drying and curling, dyeing, straightening, perming on special occasions.
- Try to use the best paddle comb and detangling spray brushes to your hair.
- Increase Intake Of Proteins
- Drink Plenty Of Water
- Try to use a serum and leave-in conditioner to tame frizzy hair.
- Follow A Healthy Diet
- Be Gentle with Wet Hair
- Try to use the right hair care products to prevent further hair damage. Try to choose shampoos and conditioners depending on your hair porosity and hair density.
- Try to Cover your hair with a scarf when you step out that can helps you to protect your hair from the harmful rays of the sun and pollution.
Protein Treatments for Hair | What is the best protein treatment for hair? | The 12 Best Protein Treatments for Stronger, Healthier Hair
- CHI Deep Protein Masque Strengthening Treatment
- Aphogee Serious Hair Care Double Bundle
- IGK Good Behavior Spirulina Protein Smoothing Spray
- Davines Living Enzyme Infusion
- Orlando Pita Play Former Glory Protein Treatment Spray
- It’s A 10 Miracle Hair Mask
- Kiehl’s Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak
- Redken Extreme Anti Snap Leave-In Treatment
- L’Oréal Paris Elvive Total Repair 5 Protein Recharge Treatment
- Eufora Nourish Fortifi Keratin Repair
- Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Yogurt Hydrate + Repair Protein Treatment
- Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 Repairing Treatment
Shampoo for strong hair | 18 Shampoos For Hair Growth That Actually Work
- Pura D’or Anti-Hair Thinning Shampoo
- Honeydew Hair Loss Shampoo
- Resistance Length Strengthening Shampoo
- Nourishing Shampoo
- Keranique Scalp Stimulating Shampoo
- Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Biotin Volumizing Shampoo
- Honeydew Biotin Shampoo for Hair Growth B-Complex Formula for Hair Loss Removes
- Dr. Hempster Hair Loss and Biotin Shampoo
- Argan Stem Cell Age Defying Shampoo
- Strong HairPro Hair Care Products (SHP Conditioner)
- Pure Biology Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo
- Pura d’Or Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo
- Ultrax Labs Hair Surge Caffeine Hair Loss Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo
- Carol’s Daughter Goddess Fortifying Shampoo
- Nioxin System 1 Cleanser Shampoo
- Art Naturals Organic Argan Oil Hair Loss Shampoo
- Laritelle Organic Shampoo
- Shea Moisture Sheamoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Shampoo, 16.3 Oz
15 Best Oils For Hair Growth & Thickness
- Trichup Hair Fall Control Oil
- Parachute Advanced Scalp Therapie Hair Fall Control Oil
- Aroma Magic Stimulate Hair Oil
- Indus Valley Bio Organic Grow Out Hair Oil
- Soulflower Coldpressed Olive Carrier Oil
- Parachute Advanced Ayurvedic Deep Conditioning Hot Oil
- Himalaya Herbals Anti-Hair Fall Hair Oil
- Biotique Bio Bhringraj Therapeutic Oil For Falling Hair
- Khadi Natural Henna & Rosemary Herbal Hair Oil
- St. Botanica Moroccan Argan Hair Oil
Essential Oils for Hair
- Clary sage essential oil
- Tea tree essential oil
- Ylang-ylang essential oil
- Cedarwood essential oil
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Thyme essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
In this article, I was discussed in the detail What Causes Weak Hair? & How to strengthen weak hair roots?
I hope it’s helpful for you.
If you like this article please share it on social media and comment below if you have any queries related to this article.
- Weak Hair: Signs, Causes & 6 Ways To Strengthen It – https://skinkraft.com/blogs/articles/how-to-strengthen-weak-hair
- (Garnier USA)How To Take Care Of Fragile Weak Hair- https://www.garnierusa.com/tips-how-tos/how-to-take-care-of-fragile-weak-hair
- https://www.health.com/beauty/protein-treatment-for-hair – The 12 Best Protein Treatments for Stronger, Healthier Hair (health)
- https://www.elle.com/beauty/g14432639/hair-growth-loss-shampoo/ – 18 Shampoos For Hair Growth That Actually Work ( Elle)
- https://www.healthline.com/health/essential-oils-for-hair-growth – Essential Oils for Hair (Healthline)
- https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/best-hair-growth-oils-available-in-india/ – 15 Best Hair Growth Oils To Buy In 2020(stylecraze)
Hi, I Am Ijaj Seikh & I Am Indian.
For the past 4+ years, I’ve been a Hair Loss Specialist & Hair Care Advisor & Owner of Mrijajguide.
Working on your behalf, I’ll Explore effective Hair Loss Treatments.
I'll discover new research on hair regrowth treatments to transform your thinning hair to fuller thicker hair.
Your feelings are important to me, and I look forward to developing a long-term relationship with you as your Hair Loss Specialist & Haircare Advisor.